We are professional movers, but be on hand or have a drawn out floor plan so our movers can place your furniture in the proper spot. This will reduce the time, cost, and the stress of the move.
In the meantime, get your home or office organized and packed with these helpful packing tips:
Give yourself at least six weeks before your moving date to plan carefully.
- Decide which items aren’t worth moving.
- Designate a box for good will.
- Decide if you will need storage.
- Collect moving supplies.
- Pack non-essential items first.
- Label the tops and sides of moving boxes.
- Label boxes with special instructions, such as “fragile.”
- Have moving boxes labeled “unpack first, load last.”
- List the contents on the outside of the box.
- Use towels, linens and pillows to cushion fragile items.
- Properly wrap all fragile items in bubble wrap and wrapping paper.
- When moving furniture, make sure you keep all the pieces together.
- Screws and small parts should be secured in a plastic bag and taped to the furniture.
- Wrap all delicate or scratchable furniture in protective padding.
- Packed boxes should not weigh more than 50 pounds!
- Do not overpack your moving boxes.
- Pack heavier items in smaller boxes.
- Keep important files/records with you.
- Pack rooms at a time and keep similar items together.
- Do not use garbage bags. They rip easily and get squished!